We are living in a time when having pain in the back is normal and this is because of our lifestyle. We have to sit the whole day on chairs facing our laptops or desktop at the office. And this is one of the biggest reasons for having back pain. Apart from taking medicines, you should also focus on your sleeping positions to heel your lower back pain quickly. You can go for a Sleepwell single mattress if you have single bed. Some of the best sleeping postures for this problem are:
- Sleeping on side with a pillow between legs- Lying on your side is one of the popular sleeping positions and is one of the comfortable positions as well. But by keeping a between your legs while sleeping on your side helps you with your lower back pain. By doing this you are basically aligning your hips, pelvis, and spine which help you in avoiding pain in your back.
- Fetal Position- This position is not only good for a peaceful sleep but it is also good if you are having issues with your lower back. It is good for those with a herniated disc. The fetal position brings you relief at nigh this is because when you tuck your knees into the chest it reduces bending of the spine and helps you to open up the joints for a painless experience.
- Lying flat with a pillow under stomach- Even though you are taking medicines for your lower back pain, it is good to take precautions while you sleep at night. If you are having pain in your lower back it is good to sleep flat on the bed with a pillow below your stomach. Placing a pillow under the stomach and hips helps in improving spinal alignment.
This sleeping position is also good for your skin and does not allow wrinkles to trouble you before time.
- Sleeping on the front with the head face down- When we sleep on the front usually, our head turns to one side, which twists our spine and puts extra stress on our neck, shoulders, and back. So, to avoid this, try lying with your face down. You can use a small but firm pillow or tightly rolled-up towel to support your forehead, to allow some room to breathe properly. Also, don’t forget to place a pillow under the stomach in addition.
- Sleeping on the back in a reclined position- It is one of the best positions one you are suffering from lower back pain. It is good especially for those with isthmic spondylolisthesis. If you feel some relief in your pain while resting in a reclined chair, then it is a good choice to have an adjustable bed that can be positioned according to your comfort.
But apart from these sleeping positions, you should also care about your mattress. Having a comfortable mattress also helps in giving you a pain-free experience at night. Sleepwell single mattress is good for your healthy body.