There are numerous insurers in Canada providing top of the line home insurance packages. For a first time home buyer in Calgary or any other Canadian city, it is quite a challenge to identify what type of home insurance cover is actually needed, who are the players in the market, and which package offers them the best deal.
Although expert guidance is available throughout the process, one has to dig deeper and look at all aspects of home insurance. The reason is that home insurance is not a one-time purchase. Once bought, a home insurance package will require renewal each year, with little or no modification to the cover.
In such a situation, it is best to begin early. The first step in the journey starts with finding a home. Most folks buy a home first and then purchase the home insurance, whereas the golden rule is to choose your home first, keeping in mind that you will also have to buy insurance for it. This is the ideal approach.
With this approach in mind, it is advisable to follow the below tips while buying your first home:
Ask yourself 5 important questions
Discuss with your partner and then answer as honestly as possible.
- Why are we planning to buy a home?
- Are we financially ready to take the plunge and bear the costs of owning and maintaining a home?
- Do we jointly or individually qualify for a mortgage?
- Do we plan to stay at this location for a few years, or for the rest of our lives?
- Are we prepared for the responsibilities associated with homeownership, maintenance and repairs?
Getting answers to these questions will clear the air whether you are serious of buying a home, or not?
Compare your answers with advantages and disadvantages of owning a home
Sit with your partner and do a comparison.
– Value of your property will appreciate over time.
– You can rent out part of your home and earn rental income.
– You can renovate as per your needs.
– You get privacy, a sense of community and stability.
– You are involved in a long-term financial commitment.
– Upfront costs are big such as down payments, closing & legal costs, and annual property taxes.
– You spend time and money in maintaining your home.
– It binds you to a certain neighborhood.
Choose your home insurance cover and provider
If after doing a comparison, you arrive at a decision to buy a home, then it is worthwhile choose the best Home Insurance Canada cover. Always remember that home insurance isn’t a legal requirement in Canada, but with home insurance in place, your property and possessions are protected in the event of fire, natural disasters, and theft or vandalism. This is the reason almost every mortgage provider will ask you to show proof of insurance before lending you money.
House insurance covers the entire structure of your home and your belongings (contents), including your building, swimming pool, or sheds in the backyard, front yard, subject to limitations of your policy.
Condo insurance is for a condo or apartment, and covers the contents in your unit and renovations you have done such as new flooring or cabinetry. Common area is included in the policy.
Tenant insurance applies to rented property. The landlord buys insurance which covers the house or condo, and the tenant is responsible for their belongings (contents).
Home insurance is customizable
Always remember that home insurance is customizable. In order to get best home insurance Canada, the ideal approach is to first cover your basic risks. Once that is done, you should get check with your insurance broker for any additional add-ons such overland water protection for loss or damage arising from water that has entered your property from lakes and rivers.
By following the above approach, you can buy best home insurance Canada and have a peace of mind that your risks are covered.
For more information about Business Insurance Broker and Calgary Insurance Companies Please visit : Beneficial Insurance Solutions.
For more information about latest and trending news and tips, Keep visiting Chill NEWS Network.