The State Government of Andhra Pradesh has planned to spend Rs. 6648 Crore on constructing new houses under the NTR housing scheme. Honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N Chandrababu Naidu launched the 3rd phase of the project that aims to construct 4.5 Lakh new houses for those who do not own a house.
The NTR housing scheme is part of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and is aimed at the BPL and financially weaker sections of the society. By availing the AP NTR scheme, they would be to avail permanent houses from the government at a low price.
What are the eligibility criteria for the scheme?
The ‘urban poor’ who are deemed eligible to register under this scheme would avail a home loan to construct houses at a lower rate of interest.
- The permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- Local families are below the poverty line (BPL).
- Those who not posses any residential property under their name.
- Those who have not availed any other property under other government schemes.
- Those who have all the necessary documents demanded under the scheme.
What are the required documents?
- KYC documents that serve as both address and identity proof.
- Proof of income.
- Bank details.
- Housing details.
- SC/ST/OBC and other certificates if any.
How to register for NTR Housing Scheme?
Before the registration phase, the concerned authorities conduct a demand survey in 3 stages. The objective of the survey is to analyze the situation financially weaker people live in.
An interested person can avail the scheme’s registration form from PMAY’s official website. After filling in the necessary documents and attaching the essential documents, the applicant can easily submit it on the same online portal.
How to apply for the AP NTR scheme?
Follow these steps to apply for the AP NTR Scheme –
- Step 1 – Visit the official website of PMAY.
- Step 2 – Click the ‘Log in’ option and follow the instructions.
- Step 3 – Select the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option.
- Step 4 – Select the ‘For Slum Dweller’ option.
- Step 5 – Click on ‘Benefits under the other 3 components’ option.
- Step 6 – Enter Aadhaar card details on the new page.
- Step 7 – Fill all the essential details as required on the application form.
- Step 8 – Attach all the essential documents that are listed in the form.
- Step 9 – Enter the captcha code and click on the ‘save’ option.
Additional Read: Everything to Know About NTR Housing Scheme
How much subsidy is offered under the scheme?
If beneficiaries match this PMAY scheme’s eligibility criteria and their name is on the sanctioned list, they are entitled to –
- Benefit from a subsidy of Rs. 1.5 Lakh.
- An additional Rs. 50, 000 for SC/ST.
- A subsidy of Rs. 2.5 Lakh for the beneficiaries of the PMAY NTR Urban scheme.
How to check your name on the sanction list?
After completing the above-mentioned steps, the form will be processed, and the eligibility criteria will be checked. To know how urban residents can get a house via PMAY, they need to check the AP NTR scheme’s sanction list for 2019-2020 online.
NTR housing scheme and home loans
It is vital to understand that this scheme as well as all other government schemes offer subsides on home loans for specific eligible individuals. Note that they do not provide the loan, which the prospective individual has to avail from lenders.
While availing a home loan in Nellore to avail low-price housing scheme, make sure to pick an option that offers you a competitive home loan interest rate and comes with a flexible tenor. Refer to such lenders to benefit even more from the NTR scheme in Andhra Pradesh.