Basketball is so well-known that there are more basketball fans than ever before. Most people who are familiar with basketball know how to use a backboard.
The basketball backboard is a top-ranked position in the list of basketball equipment. Let’s learn more about the basketball board by understanding the basics and the details.
It’s actually a vertically-raised board with a basket attached. These flat basketball boards are made from Plexiglas, a rigid material. These boards are rectangular and serve the majority of international basketball games and the NCAA, NBA, and other NCAA programs.
Non-professional basketball games can also use oval-shaped backboards. These backboards are not used for other basketball games, such as netball and beach basketball.
To build the best basketball construction, there are some tips you should follow. Start the tip list by:
- Many manufacturers use plywood to create the most affordable basketball backboard. It is also the most accessible construction material. Plexiglas, plastic, and other materials can also build a backboard.
- The next step is to decide on the best place for the basketball backboard to rest. The backboards are usually placed on top of a roof or on poles. However, it is best to put them on the side of a long wall.
- The backboard must be the right size for the game. A backboard should be 48×36 inches in length. This allows shooters to have a larger target.
- Four large screws are used to drill holes in the chosen location to mount the backboard. This is sufficient to support a 30 lb weight. With ease, ensure that the holes are perfectly even.
Steps in Building Synthetic Tennis Courts
You might be interested in DIY activities like covered tennis courts construction. Having your own synthetic tennis court can have fun with friends and family. These steps will help you build your own synthetic tennis court.
- Choose a strategic spot. Standard tennis courts are 78 feet by 36 feet. This is large enough to accommodate singles and doubles. Choose an open and significant location to ensure that your synthetic court can be used.
- Remove the lawn and 1 to 2 inches of soil. Then, use a shovel to remove the topsoil.
- To prevent unwanted weeds from growing in synthetic turf, spray the area with weed- and grass killer. You can also cover the court with the ground cloth to protect against unwanted plant growth and weeds. However, make sure it is the correct measurements.
- Add about 2 inches of fill dirt on the tennis court surface. Smoothen it using a rake.
- Securely place the synthetic turf. Some turfs are available in large rolls, while others can be cut into squares. The fake grass should be spread evenly across the court.
- Spread the filler sand from corner to corner on the court surface. Then, you can use a push-broom to level the sand and rumple synthetic turf.
- Your tennis net can be either a portable or permanent system.
- Invite your friends to join you for a game. Have fun!
If you’re not a skilled installer, it is best to seek professional assistance from reputable companies. You want to find a company with experience in synthetic lawns.
They can help you plan and install your artificial grass. Their services and products will be of the highest quality and well worth every penny.