Samsung Galaxy S4 price will be higher than Galaxy S3
If you are a lover of Korean tech giant Samsung’s Galaxy smartphone series, this information could affect your smile.
Samsung is planning to roll out service that could bring price of upcoming Galaxy S4 prices higher for end customers than Galaxy S3.
The service could moreover cause customers to wait for new devices much longer than the previous Galaxy devices, moreover an edge of Galaxy smartphone over iPhone series.
According to SamMobile, Samsung wish having a better control over updates and sales in each country besides knowing exact sales number.
“Samsung’s plan is to stop the retailers that are shipping for example French based software devices to The Netherlands,” the site reported.
You will not get updates on Samsung devices if you buy them outside your country making retailers to pay extra and the prices could go higher.
“So far we can conclude from our information Samsung will start to test this way by no longer notification trough OTA (over the air),” the SamMobile added.
The site moreover reported that Samsung could use IMEI based updates test in future terming it as the most way for developers.
According to SamMobile, when we distribute this concept among Samsung, retailer and customer, it means:
- Control of updates in each country. (faster way of updates)
- Exact sales numbers.
- Could bring the price up / down if needed or cancel device that do not sell well.
- Retailer must ship country based devices otherwise customer isn’t able to update.
- Retailer shop price could be more expensive.
- Delay in new device.
- Customer isn’t able to update their device outside the country of origin.
- Price can be higher.
Source – Thenewstribe